The mission of ABQ Charter Academy is to redefine the high school experience.
We achieve our mission by:
- Changing our services to meet the needs of every student, instead of expecting every student to fit into an existing public school model.
- Enrolling new students and celebrating graduates nearly every week of the year.
- Providing our full spectrum of services free of charge.
- Opening our doors to all students over the age of 16 who have been disenfranchised from educational opportunity, including refugee students, single parents, students with disabilities, gifted learners, English language learners, or anyone looking for a customized approach to learning
- Creating individualized curriculum for every learner.
- Engaging our students with one-on-one instruction from highly-qualified professionals in multi-grade level, multi-ability level classrooms.
- Crafting flexible schedules for those students who cannot attend school regularly due to child care or employment.
- Partnering with UNM and CNM to offer college and career training which is integrated into students’ high school curriculum.
- Believing that a free public education should be available to every member of our community, regardless of age, socioeconomic status, English language proficiency or present level of academic achievement.
- Welcoming everyone to be part of a learning community that celebrates who they are and how they learn.
- Transforming over 75 students per year into high school graduates.
Back to Top