College Prep Courses
- If you need to raise your score on the Accuplacer, ACT, SAT, or ASVAB, you can earn high school elective credit by taking one of our test prep elective courses. Speak with Ms. Wright in Room 107 about enrolling in test prep courses.
- Although many higher-level academic courses are not required for a high school diploma, all are offered here at ABQCA.
- The Accuplacer is a test that many community colleges, including CNM, use to place students in classes. You must score at a certain level to take college level classes. You can take the Accuplacer in the Assessment Center with Ms. Hutchinson.
- Click here for a simple fact sheet.
- Click here for a study guide.
Click here for a link to a free study app and another print study guide.
- The ACT is a test that many universities, including UNM, use for admissions. It is given by the College Board. You need to register ahead of time and there is a fee. Some scholars may qualify for a fee waiver.
- See Ms. Hutchinson in the Assessment Center to pick up a study guide, register for the test, and apply for a fee waiver.
- Click here for online test prep.
- WorkKeys is a workplace readiness assessment which many employers, including the City of Albuquerque, use as a hiring credential. Depending on the score, you can earn either a Bronze, Silver, or Gold National Career Readiness Certificate using this test. KeyTrain is an online curriculum which prepares you for the WorkKeys exam and helps you to increase your score and certification level. KeyTrain and WorkKeys are both available in the ABQCA Assessment Center.
- Twice per year, ABQCA hosts college fairs on our campus where scholars can meet with recruiters from local colleges and universities. Keep an eye on our school calendar to be sure you don’t miss the next college fair!
- ABQCA Scholars can apply to take college classes on the CNM campus, the UNM campus, or on the ABQCA campus. These classes count for college credit and high school credit at the same time. Click here to learn more.
- If you need assistance applying to college, building a resume, or applying for a job, we can help you! See Ms. Wright in Rm. 107 for assistance.