Who we are:
• Founded in 2004, Albuquerque Charter Academy (formerly SIATech Albuquerque) is an innovative, successful drop-out recovery charter high school which transforms about 100 students per year from high school dropouts to high school graduates.
• An open-enrollment, tuition-free charter school authorized by APS, we enroll new students and celebrate graduates nearly every week of the year.
• We open our doors to all students over the age of 16 who have been disenfranchised from educational opportunity, including refugee students, single parents, students with disabilities, gifted learners, English language learners, or anyone looking for a customized approach to learning.
• We create individualized curriculum for every learner, and engage our students with one-on-one instruction from highly-qualified professionals in multi-grade level, multi-ability level classrooms.
• We offer flexible scheduling for those students who cannot attend school all day, every day due to child care or employment.
• We offer access to state-of-the-art technology, but we are not an online or virtual high school.Our students learn from teachers and from each other, and may use technology to enhance their learning. We do offer online courses for those students who cannot attend school during the regular school day.
• We partner with the Albuquerque Job Corps Center, CNM, APS, SL Start and Career Links to offer college and career training which is integrated into students’ high school curriculum.
What we believe:
• We believe that a free public education should be available to every member of our community, regardless of age, socioeconomic status, English language proficiency or present level of academic achievement.
• We believe that we should change our services to meet the needs of every student, instead of expecting every student to fit into an existing public school model.
• We believe that everyone deserves to be part of a learning community that celebrates who they are and how they learn.